06 February 2007

Watching the Board Booth

On the second day of the Board booth I went to drop off my question, and having nowhere better to go, I sat at one of the tables near the booth reading for my Shakespeare. Unfortunately, I didn't get much reading done. Fortunately I did get to watch some people interact with the Board writers, and it was very funny. My favorite part of the experience was a female member of the Board trying to explain to a young man what the Board was. She did an excellent job explaining the intricacies of the Board, but what the young man couldn't grasp was that the writers for the Board did what they did for free. Example:
Female writer: ...So that is what the Board is all about. [smiling feeling proud of explaining it so well]
Young man: So...how much do you get paid?
Female writer: No, no, no...it is a group of volunteers, we do it because we like it.
Young man: So...do you get any other sort of benefits?
Female writer: [obviously clueless to how clueless the young man is] HA! We become rich and famous except you don't get paid and no one knows your name. [Thinking she just made a great joke]
Young man: Wait...I thought you didn't get paid? [now even more confused and suspicious than he was]

This went on for another couple exchanges, and eventually the Young man left feeling that the Board was trying to swindle and sell him something he didn't want, despite the adamant and excellent responses by the Female writer to the contrary.

For all of you people who are wondering the Board is 100% and completely risk free, and if you don't get what you expect from the Board--they guarantee everything they do. If you are not totally and completely satisfied they will give you 100 questions for free:-) Happy Reading and/or writing!!

10 comments:

Tangerine said...

Ha, I didn't imagine you were getting very much done over there. ;)

Anonymous said...

Can you explain to me why the board has a booth? I keep seeing comments about it on your blog and on the board, but not being at BYU I have no idea what is going on. Will you enlighten me?

C.A. Marten said...

So, I was wondering what Flower delivery service you used that once, it seems to have worked for you...

bismark said...

no! it is not risk free! it will destroy your life! you will no longer have times for things like newspaper reading, homework, or sleep!

Scarlet Flamingo said...

Dearest Wally III [5]

Sorry if you answered this already, but why do you have a [5] after your name?
Sincerely,
Scarlet Flamingo

Scarlet Flamingo said...

Hee hee
I woke up this morning and read the board as per usual. Apparently Bismark asked the board this before I asked you. However, I'd still like to know your answer.
:-)

Wally_III said...

Wow this is like the most posts I have ever had:-)

Splendid- Your request is forthcoming on the blog.

The White Lancer- The answer to your question is:

Flower Patch

1231 N University Ave
Provo, UT 84604
(801) 377-6622
Be prepared to spend a little because they don't deliver less than a dozen, and it is around Valentine's day:-) Good Luck!

Scarlet Flamingo- HA! I will make sure I post an official statement on the blog, but it may take me a few days:-) Thanks for reading Y'all!!

Heather said...

100% risk free? I'm with bismark, here. A Board addiction takes over your life, man. Mine has expanded to blogs! I wake up every morning and read Board related things for goodness knows how long. I love it though!

Wally_III said...

HA! That "risk free" seems to have stirred up some emotion. But I think I will stick with it, I mean the risk is that you will like it alot? Isn't that what any product/company wants? How much you take it to the extreme is up to you. Anything you really enjoy can become potentially addictive, it is up to us to control ourselves. The Board writers are not responsible for us giving up our agency...even though they do write fun and interesting answers to silly and intriguing questions:-) I really like FCSM's response to this question and it sums it up for me.

http://theboard.byu.edu/index.php?area=viewall&id=3863

Anonymous said...

From the moment the first Mercedes-Benz CLS four-door "coupe" was introduced to the public, other German luxury automakers hit the drafting board. According to the German auto experts at AutoBild, Audi is just over a year away from unleashing its own cleverly packaged sedan.
carwadontester981