09 February 2007

Oldies but Goodies

I was talking with Tangerine the other day about the 'new application process' to becoming a writer and I started wondering if my favorite Board question has changed since. So I set out on a quest to find some of my favorites--while sharing some of these I realize that some of them need a little explanation of why I think they are hilarious!

http://theboard.byu.edu/index.php?area=viewall&id=30238 [byu operators]
Lets see...I have a question needing information regarding basically anything on BYU...who do I call? Thats right-BYU operators. What if I want a slightly humorous answer, am not in a time crunch, or are just curious about what those amazing Board writers think about it...who do I ask? Thats right the Board! What if I had a question regarding BYU operators, that seems like a serious and legitimate question? I know you can write to the Board to ask them about BYU operators, and then they can call the BYU operators to find out about them then give you that information in approximately 100 Hours! HA! Plus if they call them enough to have their number on speed dial....I laughed for like a full minute. Also the sweet irony of the BYU operators supposedly knowing everything and this boardie praising them so highly, but then asking the board a question like that! HA!

http://theboard.byu.edu/index.php?area=viewall&id=2005 [critical Mass]
What a strange question. It would be fascinating to know what inspired the boardie enough to be curious about this question. The really funny part is not so much in the answer given in Grock's post script. I laughed for a really long time about that. I can just imagine the kinds of searches he would be doing along with any blocked sites he came across. Then I started thinking...."what would I think if someone sitting next to me was researching something like that? And to top it all off he is looking suspiciously over his shoulder." Ha! I would be super weirded out. It would get even better for him to try and explain to a security guard who he was and why he was answering a question thus....HA! That would be fantastic. What a great story to tell "I was researching a question for the Board and I was imprisoned for further questioning:-)"

http://theboard.byu.edu/index.php?area=viewall&id=1915 [temple in NJ]
I don't know if this one needs a grand explanation! Just super humorous!

http://theboard.byu.edu/index.php?area=viewall&id=5386 [Noah]
Wow! That is all I can say...Wow.

http://theboard.byu.edu/index.php?area=viewall&id=11137 [high heels]
No explanation needed, and it is worth it to read it in its entirety.

http://theboard.byu.edu/index.php?area=viewall&id=17063 [Do do do]
This is one of my first favorites. Seriously...even after I knew what song it was I went back and tried to match it up with the do's and I was still baffled. The Duchess has some mad skills. When I first read it I was thinking to myself..."there is no way the Board can answer such a random question (this is still in my early days of reading before I knew any better)." And the Duchess answered it so precisely and with seemingly little effort it was truly awe inspiring.

http://theboard.byu.edu/index.php?area=viewall&id=30165 [space shuttle manual]
HA! This question is so great 1) because the HBLL actually has one, 2) That someone is interested in finding one, and 3) because the Writer thought to even look in the HBLL is absolutely Fantastic.

The Board is truly one of the most amazing things in the world; it offers endless hours of entertainment, knowledge and reading enjoyment. I don't know if the people who began the Board have any idea what it would turn into, but I sure would like to shake their hands! Today had 100 posts YE-HA!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Valentine's Day! I love you TEN!