02 February 2007

A Hit! A Hit!

I look sometimes to see where people are coming from, to get to my blog. Just the other day I noticed a link from Google and it looked exactly like this <www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=%22the board%22 byu %22100 hour board%22 become writer>. It took me a while to figure out exactly what it meant, but I concluded--In the search to discover how to apply to become a Board writer, A boardie did a search on Google and found my blog! I am like the fifth link down!!! HA! Unfortunately they did not discover any hints or even any mentions of it. I do hope that they enjoyed their stay, perhaps they were able to discover a deeper Board experience.

The Board is so much more than just reading (or for writers, writing) responses and questions; it is the coming together of humanity, the betterment of people everywhere, and sense that good people can make a difference in the world. Not everyone has sold their soul to mammon; good people spend their time and resources to help people they don't know for free. The Board is so inspiring I can't seem to stop reading it...nor do I want to. Through the Board I have developed a little more charity, become a little nicer, a little more thoughtful, received a few million dollars worth of free pharmaceuticals, and become a little more enthused at life. My life is better for having read it. It is perhaps the greatest invention to BYU-kind and people throughout the world everywhere!

4 comments:

Rach said...

Same thing happened on my blog, only they weren't searching on how to become a writer, just the board in general. :)

Wally_III said...

That is so cool! I am not alone! Hazzah for Boardies!

Tangerine said...

Haha, isn't that a fun thing to watch? I have had people find my blog while searching for everything from "how to prune a tangerine tree" to (my favourite from today) "pacman belt blog."

Anonymous said...

I can't believe that people search on Google how to become a Board writer. That's a sad day...a very sad day.