12 July 2007

The number of Q's

I was reading the Board this morning and discovered that I was intensely curious as to how many questions were in the queue. I set out to ask a question about putting a question counter in the registered user section, where it just shows the number of the total questions that have yet to be answered. I logged in and almost made it to the ask a question page before I thought of doing a little more research. I thought it was such an obvious thing that somebody sometime must have asked for a similar thing. I was unable to find anyone asking about it, but upon many of the responses pulled up from my search I figured that would be a lot of work by the webmasters to include a neato little gadget to satisfy a rehabilitated Board readers curiosity. I think the procedure was good though. With a screening process like that, not only can I learn more about the archives and other useful bits of information, but also screen out my not so interesting questions. Not that I want to diss on NKOTB...That is what legends are founded on, someone just can't do it the same way.

On a side note, I played a game on my vacation to the Great Plains, and I thought to myself..."There is a Board party game if I have ever seen one!" The name is Charoodles.

On yet another side note, I feel like a great burden has been lifted off of me by returning to read the Board. HAZZAH!!!!! BANZI!!!

No comments: